Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Isis trial

Posted by Sal 
Sal
Isis trial
January 07, 2016 09:27AM
Hello does anyone have any idea when the soonest we will hear anything about how the Isis trial is going , or how long the first part is suppose to last .Also does anyone know of anyone who is participating in the trial and how it is going . Sorry if I sound impatient but I feel like I'm running out of time to help my wife . Thanks Sal
Re: Isis trial
January 09, 2016 03:56PM
Sal,

All we know now is that it's underway in Canada, Germany and the UK for no more than 36 patients with early manifest HD. It's a pure Phase 1 safety study, but a Phase 2a safety/effectiveness study has already been planned. I don't think anyone can forecast the timing of results.

This is still a VERY BIG deal. I remain optimistic.

Will
January 10, 2016 02:23PM
I was talking to someone at ubc a few weeks ago, and the patients here started first. She said the patients here, 6 I believe, have been getting the treatment for a few months now and it's going good. smiling smiley
Sal
January 10, 2016 11:28PM
Will and Barb thank you so much for your response . Sal
January 11, 2016 08:19AM
HEY!!!!
January 14, 2016 02:54AM
We go to UBC for my husband. He was on the list to get the phase 1 but didn't qualify. Here's hoping for phase 2!
Sal
January 14, 2016 09:37PM
Sunnyjenn
Hopefully your husband will be picked for phase 2 . I hope you don't mind me asking but why didn't he qualify for phase 1 . Did the say how long phase 1 was suppose to last .
Sal
January 15, 2016 03:08AM
I think, (not 100% sure) it was because of medication and he is about middle stage, not newly onset.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login