Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Chorea

Posted by pal 
pal
Chorea
October 21, 2015 10:36AM
Hi
My husband has Huntington Chorea with movements , but his brother tested negitive and sister will not test , so my question is can you have Huntington and no movements but have other symtoms . I am not finding much information on this.
Thanks in advance for any help
Re: Chorea
October 21, 2015 01:01PM
So sorry to hear about your husband. My husband is also HD + with a CAG count of 45. He does not have the movements. (yet). but, he is on medication that might be helping with this. Donnie has slight movements when he is upset or nervous.

His dad moved all the time. Donnie seems to be worse with the cognitive symptoms of HD.
I hope this helps in someway.
Liz
pal
October 21, 2015 02:47PM
Thanks for sharing
October 28, 2015 09:10AM
Hello, Pal. I have some chorea but I believe it is brought on by stress more than anything. More of my problems would be similar to Donnie whereas I have cognitive problems, fatigue and balance issues.

Hope this is of some help.

Mike
pal
October 28, 2015 10:32AM
Thanks for replies
November 12, 2015 07:27PM
Yes , in my experience as an ex-spouse the movement symptoms can come much later. My ex has a count of 41 but not a lot as far as movement symptoms. However the emotionally, anger, psychological, brain processing speed symptoms have been there for a long time. HD is diagnosed as a movement disease but the other symptoms can appear long before. This depends on the areas of the brain that the disease affects first. All of this is very different for each person.
November 15, 2015 09:01PM
I started with movement. It is still there but maybe not as bad? Other issues have increased and some decreased. A spinning world is with me for the duration I guess.

Mike
pal
November 16, 2015 04:55AM
Sorry Mike maybe soon something will help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login