Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

question

Posted by wallettce 
question
July 26, 2015 07:33PM
Hi I have not been here for a while, my husband was tested in 2010 we find out at the time about Hd it has been not an easy road, learning day by day what I need to do to take care of him I am still working full time which is very hard at times but so far I has been able to manage, my question is that he is drinking all the time tea or lemonade I cant give him anything else because he has an ulcera he is under medication for that he does not like water at all so when I make his tea or lemonade I use half and half of water, when we go out to a restaurant he ask for ice tea and keep asking al least for five ice tea glasses while we eat. I just was wandering if anybody has the same problem if I i try to give him water he wont drink it and get mad and try to go to the store by himself which is two miles from the house that would not be bad if the weather here was normally summer temperature is 101 or 110.
JFB
Re: question
July 26, 2015 08:04PM
My sister in law also drank constanly, usually Mt Drew.
My Wife never has.
July 26, 2015 11:28PM
He use to drink Mt Dew but since he got the ulcera he can not drink anything with gas or cafeine .
July 27, 2015 10:03PM
Laura sips water all the time. She has an unquenchable thirst
July 30, 2015 08:33AM
thanks for you input.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login