Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Prayer thread

Posted by pal 
pal
Prayer thread
July 22, 2015 08:51AM
I am a prayer warrior and will start looking here everyday and pray with you we are dealing with a terrible disease that man can not cure yet but I have hope in One who can.

John 5

6 When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"

Dear Heavenly Father ,we come today and ask for Your help in cures and knowledge for this terrible disease , we also ask for peace and comfort for all caregivers help us be Your light in this dark place in Jesus name we pray amen
pal
Re: Prayer thread
July 22, 2015 08:55AM
Hope is all we have right now Group hug
pal
July 22, 2015 09:14AM
July 22, 2015 09:58AM
Thank you for your prayers.

Liz
pal
July 22, 2015 10:59AM
My husband has HD he is on trial drugh for movements but it is not working that goodsad smiley
July 22, 2015 02:01PM
My husband has very few movements. His is all mental and emotional.

Liz
pal
July 22, 2015 03:07PM
pal
July 23, 2015 07:16AM
Psalm 106
48Blessed be the Lord God of Israel
From everlasting to everlasting!
And let all the people say, “Amen!”

Praise the Lord!Group hug
July 23, 2015 09:39AM
I think doing this through private messages to those who want to, would be a much better format for this. I am Christian, and this bothers me. HD is bigger than one religion. HD effects everyone, from all walks of life, all religions, and non religious, straight people, gay people, and trans gender people. I feel people are very overwhelmed as it is with hd, without having religion shoved in their face like this. And if I'm the only one that feels this way, then go for it, but I for one find it offensive in this format

PS A few years ago we had a discussion about this on the forum. Someone asked how people would feel about having a prayer thread, and the general consensus was this. When someone is sharing in a post that they are having a difficult time, most people like it if someone says, you're in my thoughts, or i'll keep you in my prayers, anything along those lines is good, but the consensus at the time was, to do a specific thread about it, would really be throwing it in people's faces

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 09:53AM by Barb.
July 23, 2015 10:21AM
Barb - Very well said and I back you 100%. As you said everyone has a right to to their beliefs and PAL has a right to hers but I too don't think
this is the proper forum for a prayer thread. I personally feel unconfertable reading this thread. We all share a common foe with our battle with
HD regardless of what our beliefes are.

Mark
July 23, 2015 10:26AM
But let me also say I think this is very kind of Pal, and if most feel this way, she might like to put out a request that people can send her requests by pm, and im sure some would like that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 10I miss youAM by Barb.
July 23, 2015 10:41AM
She means the best I'm sure. Just rather would not read scipture in this forum.

Pal - I'm sorry to hear that the that the drug for movements did not work well. That is the type of information that is helpful to someone with
HD. Hoping for a drug for movements that doen't have the side effects of the current drugs.

Mark
pal
July 23, 2015 01:45PM
Just Saw 2 request to keep Prayer and Scipture in private messages and that HD is bigger than one religion , I only know one so if this is the feeling of the majority to put God inside private box or owners wishes then this is not the place for me

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 01:56PM by pal.
July 23, 2015 02:12PM
This was only my opinion, and what was said a few years ago. I said I hope others will post their ideas, to get an idea how people feel about it now. Please don't assault back about putting god in a box, it's about being considerate to everyone. Jesus said, not to offend little ones, if that's what you need to hear, and as far as I'm concerned here, everyone here, no matter what they believe or don't believe, are little ones, because we are dealing with a dreadful disease. Would you rather have your podium to preach, even though Jesus also says to pray in secret. Have your podium, and offend any that find this hurtful. And steve and marsha are the owners, it's up to them, but people wont take kindly to someone threatening to leave because they can't have things their way, where is your love and consideration for others, even what a couple of people have already posted. Me, I don't like to offend, and I don't think you had any reason to take offense to some considerate advice given to you. You seem offended, rather than humbly asking for more people, including steve and marsha, to give input. I'm not saying any more, because I very kindly gave some advice, and it would be a real shame if you leave because of your pride, but I care more about others not being hurt, period.

PS And I, as a Christian, took the courage to say publicly how I feel about this, knowing that I would be seen as a failure of a Christian by some Christians here, but not all, knowing that I was standing up for others. And knowing that my view could be criticized, I had the courage to post publicly my thoughts, and it's ok if you've received private messages saying keep the prayer thread, but that hasn't been said publicly on this thread, like I did. And I'm sorry, but I know, there are those dealing with hd, that the last thing they want is to hear about God, that is the very last thing they want to hear about, because they are hurting too bad to even have it in them to dare post their feelings, but I'm speaking for those that this is hurting. So do as you want, unless steve and marsha say no, do as you like, and you will finally get what I am talking about, after you have hurt others who do not want to be preached at, and they, the ones hurting, end up leaving the forum, because you want to have a little attitude problem.
July 23, 2015 02:34PM
Yes I said hd is bigger than one religion, but do not imply that I meant that hd is bigger than god, or to put god in a box. I did not say that or imply that, in any way shape or form. I said it is bigger than one religion because it effects so many people from all religions and all walks of life, so just trying to have a decent conversation about this, that's all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2015 08:57PM by Barb.
pal
July 23, 2015 03:04PM
I spend hard days as a HD caregiver I will not spend my extra time arguing so in the title it said prayer thread , I am use to forums that if that is not you thing you do not enter so this can be removed and this as I said this is not a place for me , time is to short for this ,,,,my last post
July 23, 2015 07:10PM
Well, I'm sorry your reaction is out of proportion to anything suggested here, and that you didn't even want to talk with everyone about this. I would have been willing to hear what others have to say, even knowing that some might understand where I was coming from, and that some might not. You know, putting aside my concerns about some being hurt, and say if your thread had gone forward, let's see what would have happened. Let's say people share their needs on your thread. And only the people that are not offended by the thread read your thread. So someone shares a heartache, and several people post, give suggestions that may help their situation, and say they will pray for them. Then, they are only getting the benefit of a percentage of the forum responding to them. They would be missing out on some very valuable people, maybe someone that had been through the same situation, would have been able to give some very helpful suggestions, and this person, just because they don't want to read the prayer thread, could have been a very compassionate person, and offered them love and hugs, and say they will keep them in their thoughts. No, that would not be an official prayer. But, they would be missing out on that persons compassion and advice. Does that mean the person will not be prayed for? Not at all. When you segregate something into a prayer thread, only those that choose to go there go there. But when it is said on the forum how things are done now, there are so many more reading the thread, and quite truthfully, there are many many here, who I know, will pray for that person. Some will say, I will keep you in my prayers, some will say i'll be thinking of you, some don't say anything, and yet they pray. And if a person prays in a different way, or believes differently, it doesn't matter to me, because I believe that compassion of any kind, from one person to another, is the greatest gift anyone can give another. So in you wanting to create a prayer thread, first it could cause alienation of some people, it would segregate the hurting people on the forum, and people would be losing out on the wisdom and compassion of everyone here. Why would your prayers need to be announced, when truly the prayers and compassion of many would be better. I know that when I read the forum, I'm not just reading, I'm caring. Isn't prayer prayer? I think it would have been lovely of you to let people know they can pm you any time they want to, that would have been beautiful. Sometimes people really share their heart in a private message, that's what private messages are for. And believe me, there are people here who do pm others that they may be close to, and ask for prayer. Believe me, people here do do that, when they're hurting and need someone, and that's what we're all here for. I think it's a real shame that you're walking away, especially the way you are doing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2015 09:04PM by Barb.
July 25, 2015 08:20PM
Wow! A difference of opinion. It's been ages. This almost reminds me of the good old days (pre FaceBook). Do you realize how many years it has been since I've had to lock a thread?

Too bad it's just on the topic of a prayer thread. While Barb makes some excellent points about the effectiveness of a prayer thread, it is certainly okay with Marsha and myself that a prayer thread be started.

My point, that I've made in the past, is that no one really "owns" a thread here. They often take a life of their own and that can be very frustrating to the person who started the thread ... especially if the thread takes a tone that isn't what the starter wanted. So, nice try PAL. Sorry it didn't work out as you expected.
July 25, 2015 08:50PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2015 06:39AM by Barb.
pal
July 26, 2015 08:30AM
Thanks for not deleting , satan is very busy these days and tries to discourage us , while in other countries your head can be chopped off for this type thing here we just deal with differences and words.

I do love to pray for anyone that needs it , my brother before he died at 50 had a NDE and shared the Angel stories and my life has not been the same , I do not force my beliefs on anyone and that is why I titled prayer thread so thank you Barb and others for sharing your different views but I do not hide my faith in fear of offending , I use to be Peter but not anymore
God Bless this day and this disease Group hug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login