Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Becoming fuzzy????

Posted by trey gray 
Becoming fuzzy????
June 30, 2015 11:38AM
Hello,

Lately I've been feeling a bit "fuzzy" or just out of it. It's been happening at random times for about 6 months...does anyone else go through this???

cheers & blessings, Trey
Re: Becoming fuzzy????
July 14, 2015 08:40PM
I am sorry you have not had replies. It is hard to compete with Facebook these days! Yes, this does happen to people with HD. My first husband would occasionally become confused about where he was. He was still working at the time, on his way to work using a route he had taken for fifteen years when he suddenly did not know where to go next. We were new to HD at the time but fortunately someone had posted about this symptom in the old MGH chatroom and I had told him that it could happen. I had said that he should just pull over and relax and the route would come back to him. He did and it did.
July 15, 2015 10:15AM
I experience this myself. It is better at times than others. It's very frustrating partly because you feel it but no one can see it so it is difficult for none phd's to understand. Hang in there.

Mike
pal
July 22, 2015 08:54AM
My husband has this and I think when we get hit with change in pressure or solar flares it effects the brain in way we do not understand , hope you are better
July 24, 2015 05:57AM
Hi Trey,

My wife felt that symptom. So what seemed to remove her fuzziness was when she had more energy. She felt she had more energy when she took B100 complex and Niacin and Co-Q10. These supplements enhance the mitochondria that fuel your neurons. She also felt better when she took Trehalose. Trehalose reduces inflamation, but it only last a few hours in your system. Inflammation creates a diabetes like response in your neurons and makes it more difficult for them to get their energy. So a clearer head takes more energy.

The underlying cause of Huntingon's Disease is the bodies response to what it thinks is a viral DNA invasion set up by the CAG repeat segments expressed in the RNA forming double helix like structures. Until our researchers get on board with this idea, we will continue to be lost and dying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login