Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

I have started to give off a strange smell!!

Posted by Lorraine 
I have started to give off a strange smell!!
December 06, 2010 04:55PM
One of my suppliments must be making me smell weird.

Im trying not to laugh as I type this... cos its such an odd thing!

I think it might be the creatine as when i drink it I sometimes get a whiff of the smell thats coming out of my skin when im drinking the vile stuff.

My boyfreind has been complaining that he can smell it on my neck when when we having a cuddle (ahhhhhh I hear you all say how sweet a cuddly boyfriend) but I smell it on my hands particularly between my fingers.

Its quite unpleasant like a cross between a guinea pig (cavey) and a skunk..... ;p

Has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if im taking too much in one go and its not being absorbed.

I take creatine (10mg) and trehalose 30mg) twice a day in half pint of water....

I have just read something on the net that says take creating with a light carbohydrate light friut juice for best absorbtion... but im sure the trehalose will be as good a carb....

Any clues anyone??

thanks Lorraine smiling smiley
Re: I have started to give off a strange smell!!
December 06, 2010 06:17PM
Well I googled it.. and there does seem to be a few who think it does the same thing. Most don't know what the person is talking about. The thinking was to switch brands and see if there is a filler causing the problem. Beats me otherwise.
December 07, 2010 04:22AM
How long have you been on the creatine? And did you start on this large dose, or build up to it? I know most people are able to take creatine, but i am one that's not able to, it made my kidneys really sore, and flared my arthritis up really bad, because for me it made my body too acidic, like how a high protein diet can do that too. I'd go to your doctor and get a urine test done, to make sure the creatine isnt having an adverse effect on you, just to be sure.
db
December 11, 2010 03:49PM
Isn't it something similar to how some people can give off a smell if they eat asparagus ? It is a chemical reaction . db
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login