Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Trey Gray of Brooks & Dunn has HD

Posted by maahearna 
Trey Gray of Brooks & Dunn has HD
February 02, 2008 05:08AM
Meinl Cymbal Artist Trey Gray of Brooks & Dunn has HD. Just saw an interview he did which talks about his positive diagnosis on YouTube (just search under "Huntington's Disease."winking smiley You can clearly see his HD symptoms during the video. He may be a good "star" for the cause--I hadn't heard of this before. He also gives a plug for the HD Lighthouse.

Margie

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2008 05:12AM by maahearna.
Re: Trey Gray of Brooks & Dunn has HD
February 02, 2008 05:48AM
I saw that too about three weeks ago on You Tube. I love Brooks and Dunn. It was nice to see him plug the HD lighthouse too.

Jessica
February 02, 2008 11:51AM
sorry, im a dummy smiling smiley who is he? and what is brooks and dunn?
February 02, 2008 02:20PM
[www.youtube.com]

I wasn't sure either, but it seems they are HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE C&W stars... million dollar sellers!

They are well known and NICE!!!!Sharing my heart

How do you all feel about this?? How would you feel about him being a spokesperson? If you like this idea, email everyone you can at the HDSA. Haven't we been waiting for something like this for a very long time? NOT to wish HD on ANYONE, but here we have a nice talented very well known young man who could really help make HD as known as Parkinson's and MD and MS. If you feel this way, email your wishes to the HDSA.Coffee and computer Thanks,Thanks! Pat
February 02, 2008 02:26PM
Brooks and Dunn are legendary country performers. They have been around for years and years. I think that I have seen them no less than 8 times in the last ten years. They are about as huge as they come.

I don't think that it would hurt to talk to them...besides Trey is pretty handsome tooSharing my heart

Jess
February 02, 2008 03:00PM
oh they're singers!!! Thank you! smiling smiley
db
February 02, 2008 03:45PM
That was nice of him to do that interview .Like so many people the heartache of disease , hits another family . I wish him well. db
February 02, 2008 04:04PM
That would be cool if he would become a spokesperson for HD. He is cute!And I used to be a country music fan.
February 02, 2008 04:11PM
Some Brooks and Dunn info from Wikipedia (Trey Gray is their drummer):

Brooks & Dunn have had more than 40 singles on the country music charts of which 20 have reached number one.

Brooks & Dunn also won the Country Music Association Vocal Duo of the Year award every year between 1992 and 2006, except for 2000 when Montgomery Gentry took the honor.

Brooks and Dunn have won more Country Music Association awards and Academy of Country Music awards than any act in the history of country music. They have sold over 30 million records and continue to be one of the most consistently successful touring acts on the concert circuit. They opened for the Rolling Stones in 2006

Dunn has won over 20 Broadcast Music Incorporated (BMI) awards, including Country Music Songwriter of the Year twice. He was Billboard Magazine's Country Songwriter of the Year for 1996.

They were also pioneers of the line dance craze of the mid-1990s. Also, they have been described as "rocked-up honky-tonk"[2] One of their biggest hits, "Boot Scootin' Boogie" - the video for which was made at the honky tonk, Tulsa City Limits Tulsa, Oklahoma - is most emblematic of this style.[3

The duo's songs have been used by President George W. Bush as his official campaign songs in both his 2000 election and 2004 re-election campaigns. In 2000 then Texas Governor Bush chose the blue-collar line-dance-friending hit of the mid-1990s, "Hard Workin' Man," and in 2004 the President selected the patriotic hit, "Only in America."
February 02, 2008 04:19PM
Pat, thanks for posting the video, i just watched it, it was incredible. This is the first time ive seen an hd video where the person is not late stage, and so i didnt find it upsetting, but interesting, because he is early stage i guess, like me, but i dont have chorea yet. That was very very cool!
February 02, 2008 04:44PM
Hey Barb,

That's exactly how I felt, it was nice to see someone about my age, with about the same symptoms.

I'm finding it harder and harder to watch any of the videos of it anymore...I used to be alot more upbeat about the whole situation...but anymore it just tears me apart.
February 03, 2008 01:56AM
the recognition and reality is scary.
February 03, 2008 03:56AM
wow the you tube was great! I think he certainly has alot of potential to help raise awareness of the disease and it looks like from the interview he is really keen to!
February 04, 2008 08:48AM
Wow

These guys are huge stars. Maybe we can get him to come to the conference if he is not on the road. He is younger than I thought he would be. I think he could be a wonderful spokesperson if he wishes to do so.

Stacy-NJ
February 04, 2008 08:56AM
He has volunteered to help the HDSA and Brooks and Dunn are willing to help too.
February 04, 2008 08:58AM
Marsha

That is so huge. Just being able to get the word out about HD with Brooks & Dunn is mind boggling with the amount of fan base that they have.

Stacy-NJ
February 04, 2008 09:03AM
Hey, Stacy,
You are thinking like I was thinking. I plan to go to Pittsburgh conference this summer and thought it would be awesome if he/they got involved with it somehow. Wow.

Margie
February 04, 2008 09:05AM
Hi, Marsha,
Just wondering if you know anything more about this. You said,
"He has volunteered to help the HDSA and Brooks and Dunn are willing to help too." Have you heard this from HDSA? That is great if they have already been in touch. Have you heard anything else?

Margie
February 04, 2008 09:05AM
It would depend on what their schedule would be for the summer. It would be awesome to see him/them there.

Even if they just start speading the word would be amazing.

Stacy-NJ
February 04, 2008 09:08AM
I read online he is drummer for Faith Hill this year too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login